Thursday, February 3

Monumental!

On the 6th of this very month I will celebrate 3 years of this blog! 3 years, you can read it all. Oh the stories this blog could tell if it could... oh. Nevermind it can. And believe it or not I bolded "blog" up there because that is my 102,000th word I have written here on my blog! I have heard several authors say that "everyone has about 10,000 words they need to write before they can start really writing." I guess I passed that mark up 92,000 words ago. I find it funny: in my writing class I am the only one that really has no problem reading my work out loud to people. I enjoy the things I've written because I see it as a part of myself. I am pretty sure that this enjoyment in the things I have written and not being afraid of them (I used to hate the things I wrote, and reading them was obnoxious) stems from this blog. It's a good feeling to know I have a record of the past 3 years. Even if none of you ever read this, I'm glad I've done it. Through this blog I have been able to find my "voice" as a writer and to quickly expunge those 10,000 words I needed to have written. Maybe some day you can look back at this blog and say, "I knew him when only 5 people read his blog!" (Maybe...)

Tomorrow, a Latin mid-term, and I must be able to tell the difference between desidero, deleo, delecto, curro, cupio, and careo. (to desire, to destroy, to delight, to move quickly, to desire/ wish for, and to be without (I honestly think that the last one will give me the most issues))

Goodnight, and happy birthday to my blog!

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Hypothesis: could it be that another reason people dislike reading their writing aloud is because they have not put a reasonable amount of work into it, and are somehow aware of the shame that deserves? If you built a totally inferior model car, for instance, when you could have built it really nicely had you just taken a little more care and effort, wouldn't you be ashamed to show it to people too?

    And of course there's people who really have a hard time writing well. That's nothing to be ashamed of, if you do your best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 AM

    No... because, well honestly, I don't spend a lot of time on the writing for the class. The class however is almost completely girls besides me. A lot of them strick me as the studious bunch. So I can almost gaurentee they spent more time on their work than I did on my last piece. (30 minutes)

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hypothesis revision: Mostly girls, you say? Cause girls seem to be a lot shyer about their writing, and also often are perfectionists. I'm not sure how often guys are, but girls can be too hard on themselves - especially if you think they may've written multiple drafts.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***