Tuesday, November 25

A week of Thanks [Day 2]

Today I am continuing my week of thanks to God by thanking Him for my wife. Lisa has been an untold blessing to me in the three and a half years we have been married and before that when we were dating.

There have been times where my mind has wandered to places like, "Where would I be today if I had married X" (X isn't anyone particular, just one of a number of girls I was interested in before I married Lisa). Or "What would my life be like now if Lisa and I hadn't gotten married and I had staid single?" A lot of the answers to those questions are that I wouldn't be in the place I am right now. I don't think I would be in the same physical state I am in today. Lisa has been able to support me, financially, emotionally and physically, while I was sick and her support meant a lot to me, and makes me think that if it wasn't for her that I would be in a much, much different place today.

Lisa's support as we moved was vital as well. This wouldn't have been possible if Lisa hadn't been behind it, and me, or had decided to go but chose to be upset at me for the move. She has been my support through the move and while it put a lot of stress on her she has endured and we both are stronger for what we have been through.

I am thankful for Lisa's sense of adventure. She likes to travel and has a heart for helping people with the skills that God has given her. Her recent trip to Asia was easier on me because I knew that we moved to COS so that I could use my skills and passions to help other people further the kingdom of God, and so letting Lisa go to Asia to do that was very reassuring to me.

I don't know what the future holds for us (Kids? Houses? Pets? Sickness? Adventures? Travel? Cooking?) but I do know that I am very thankful to God for the wonderful young woman He has placed in my life.

I love you Lisa.

~B.

1 comment:

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***