Monday, July 6

The road to recovery

Around 1 this afternoon I was sitting at my desk at work when I realized I did not have enough energy to make it the rest of the day. My wonderful co-worker Larry drove me home (the down side to 1 car, yet the upside to only living 2 miles from work) where I proceeded to crash. Got a mini-migraine and spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping. 5 hours of work isn't so bad. Maybe I can do 6 or 7 tomorrow!

Cooking wise, CSA stuff continues to go well. Though I am thinking I might like the Ferguson's version of CSA a little better, where they give you points and you get to pick what you want. Because, honestly, Lisa and I are running out of things to do with Kayle. Our fruit share starts up next week... excited to be seeing fresh fruit.

Any suggestions on Kayle? Anyone? (BTW: Lisa made a beet recipie with butter and ginger that came out really good. (I mean as good as a beet can be I guess.) But then again maybe it was the butter and ginger that made it taste as good as it did.)

Attempting to get a good night's sleep to see if I can't get a whole days work in tomorrow!

--
~Ben Morrell

5 comments:

  1. Mm Kale. It's good in soups.. like tomatoey, beany soups...
    It's good stir fried with other veg - make sure you cook it long enough or it will be tough! With soy sauce and other stir fry seasonings.
    This sounds weird, but it's really nice roasted. Toss with a bit of oil and spices if you want, then set it under the broiler for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kale soup is kind of the only thing we've found to do with it; it's so tough! One thing we found was that the soup was MUCH better on the 2nd or 3rd day after we made it, so I recommend if you do a kale soup recipe making it and then letting it sit overnight before eating it. That lets the kale soften up and be somewhat less leafy. I'm not real excited about leafiness in my soup, as it turns out, but after sitting for a while the kale softens up and gets pretty good.

    On the bright side, kale is supposed to be extraordinarily good for you. If only it also tasted like ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I decided to puruse the nets for a tasty kale dish and discovered Kale+Pumpkin Seed Pesto: http://www.kitchencaravan.com/recipe/pumpkin-ravioli-kale-and-pumpkin-seed-pesto Let me know if you try it and like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Buy a hungry rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Hmmm, a rabbit you say...

    Like this one? (Joke from previously this week.)

    ~Ben

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***