Tuesday, March 26

OK... let me clear up a little of what I said yesterday about Training Day. I have 2 categories of "Bad Movies". The first Category is reserved for movies like "The 5th Element" and "Sphere". Then you have a category of Bad Movies like "Titus" and "Training Day". These types of movies aren't poorly made, or poorly acted, but they are so incredibly full of violence and language that I just can't get past the language and the violence to the actual story.

I also felt that with training day that Denzel got the Oscar for playing a role that was 180 from the roles he usually plays. I felt that Training Day couldn't have been pulled off with at all without Ethan Hawke. It was the combination of the two that made that movie "work" at all. And I think that Ethan is getting the short end of the stick.

Those are my thoughts on that.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***