Monday, April 8

Well, here it is, week 2 of this quarter, and ALREADY I am wondering WHY I decided to work 2 jobs, AND take a full class load (3 classes) at the same time.

As mentioned below I got myself a Casiopia EM-500 Personal Digital Assistant so that I could better keep track of my 6+ schedule's, but I have since been discovering great things that I can ALSO do with the PDA. (NOTE: I haven't gotten it yet, I pay the guy on Monday, and he ships it out on Tuesday (I hope)) Anyway, some added bonuses: The PDA comes with lots of Microsoft products. You know what this means? This means that since 2.5 of my classes are online, that I can simply download the class content into my EM-500 and take it with me ANYWHERE I go! (crazy huh?) Also, I can DL my email to the PDA and spend my free time at school reading it and answering it. For that matter I could also have all the website that I want sync up in the morning before class. So I could have my email, my webcomics, tech news, AND the lectures and notes for my online classes for that day.
Not to mention I can write reports on the go now. As well as listen to MP3's (should I feel the need) AND watch short movie clips (should I feel the need). And yet another great feature of this little pocket computer is that it has excel on it, WHICH means I can use it to keep track of all those things I pay for during the course of my week. (Being as I was never really big on the whole "paper registry" thing. (It was inconvient, and slightly uncool to whip out your check book and write something down. NOW I can whip out my blue EM-500 and jot it down. So I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it will make my life as productive as I hope it will... *LOL*

In other news: I am a coward. Which probably isn't a too bad of thing. For if I was even a tad bit braver I think I might get in trouble sometimes. What brought this to mind was tonight at BN I was working the information "center/ booth/ whatever you want to call it" when I saw this girl. Now by Ben reconing she was very cute, and she was looking at the "good" books as well. Had I been more brave I might have gone up to her and asked if she was finding everything ok. Had I had more guts even than THAT I think I would have asked if she had a reader's advantage card. (Ok, I'm kidding, I would have asked for a phone number.) But you know what? That's not really me to go up to someone I do not know and ask for their phone number. I guess it comes down to actually thinking too much. =) I mean I don't know what type of person she is, or really anything about her. So I sat behind the counter and proceeded to look up my name in the BN search. (For the 40th time)
It's times like this where I will never know if something could have happened there, but odds are I will never see 75% of the people that come into the store ever again, so my life must go on.

Ok... enough of this, I am WAY tired and I have to get up in 7 hours for school. When I am this level of tired I tend to write well. Anyway, I will see you all later, I'll keep you posted on my busy life.

Feel free to email me at anytime... I sometimes wonder if my email actually works. (Then I have to send myself a test message to verify that it DOES and that I just haven't recieved anything from anyone.)

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***