Sunday, November 27

The Polar Bear Rises at Midnight

AKA: Operation Big White Bear:
Thanksgiving was good. We spent the day with Lisa's folks and then came home and played a game of X-men Monopoly. (I lost) Friday we went out to breakfast (Brown Bag Cafe in Redmond, amazing food, not diet friendly.), got some hairs cut, and then hastily went to Target, grabbed a few games and left. (Black Friday and all)
That night we went to make Pizza at my parents house, and while we made 4 pizzas we lost the pizza stone in the process. (It was split asunder, yea verily from top to bottom.) Then we played one of our games we had purchased from Target and then we left.
Sorry for the brush over of the past 2 days, but I really wanted to detail Operation BWB.

Lisa and I went back to the condo and waited until Midnight. We then made our way BACK to my parents house and with the aid of Beth and her boyfriend Billy, added some extra Christmas cheer to the house. (Added lights) We also added an 8 foot tall inflatable Polar Bear. Complete with a light so he glows. It was quite a sight. We then left under the cover of night to go back to the condo.

The really funny part about this is that my father, unbeknownst to me and my partners in the Oso Blanco Revolution, my father had purchased the exact SAME 8 foot tall inflatable polar bear and was planning on setting it up not 9 hours after we (sneakily) set ours up.

My original idea was that this bear was something my parents would never even imagine having in their front yard. Guess that shows me.

I have 2 weeks of school left and let me tell you I am READY to be done. I am at my wits end when it comes to Latin, I am really tired of translating.

~B.

6 comments:

  1. Witt's end with latin? Tired of translating? What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben,
    Operation Big White Bear sounds awesome. The whole situation reminds me of the time we implemented Operation Bring Your Dad Over To My House To Watch The Matrix On His Birthday With Guys From Choir, and your dad showed up at the door with Beth's sheep as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Oso Blanco is wonderful! One of the best things about the bear is Chloe's reaction. I'd never heard her bark w/ that tone of voice before. Now she practically does the splits trying to reach her bottle that dad threw at the polar bear's feet (just to torment her--"must get bottle...")

    Yes, Ian, I will never forget the sheep and Paul's 40th birthday! Way too funny!!!

    Is the Latin final over finally?

    Do you still need a new pizza stone since the other one split asunder (yea, verily)? It's been my intention to just go get you another one, but haven't been out. ("They" don't let me out much, you know...) I fear a Christmas of gift certificates & gift cards...bummer.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Great work!
    [url=http://ykflcfrw.com/nyic/umyx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://avtbqqwk.com/qcnq/khdz.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Great work!
    http://ykflcfrw.com/nyic/umyx.html | http://nhnmsoxz.com/ywky/cjor.html

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***