Friday, March 3

CRash

Whilst copying music to my dear phone my computer decided it didn't like that and proceeded to crash. I got a big blue screen. I turned it off and went away. I came back later turned it on and was informed that the C drive was corrupted. Being the good IT person I put in my fix-it disk and ran checkdisk. (CHKDSK /f/r c:) During this process I cringed and flinched as file after file raced accross my screen, lett me know that yes, in fact a rather large section of my HD did indeed have problems. It finished though and I thought all would be well. (That's called foreshadowing)

I rebooted by machine and it flashed a little error at me saying that it could not find some font file windows (obviously) needs badly to even load. (Safe mode, the same problem) So again I fire up my handy-dandy fix-it tool again and do some poking around. Turns out CHKDSK recovered the corrupted files, but didn't put them BACK where they belonged. So I spent an hour or so putting system files back into proper folders. Now my machine boots, but there are some little things that are broken/ wrong with it. And I can't reinstall windows because I have far too much on here right now and it would take too long. *sigh*

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***