Monday, August 21

I miss the rain...

I've taken to getting up in the morning at a time that most people would call "crazy". Or maybe even to comment that in fact it can't really be morning, but that 5am is still on the verge of night-time. Either way I've always enjoyed the morning and the silence that surrounds it. Night-time is only the death of an old day, most times I'm happy to see it end. But mornings, there is a silent hush in the early AM that is simply something I can't resist. It calls me out of bed and wants me to listen to it.

As I was sitting listening to the morning I realized that I had a friend whom I had missed this summer as I sit and listen. My friend the soft collision of raindrops onto the leaves of the trees outside. He often comes with his good friend "sub sixty degree weather", which I will gladly take over the bully that is lurking around the Seattle area now. (the "Post eighty degree weather" bully that is.)

I look forward to a time this upcoming fall and winter to when I get up, walk into the living room, sit down on the couch, pull up the blinds and be greeted by a gentle to mild sound of rain colliding with leaves on it's way to the ground.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***