Monday, September 11

The man with the Golden Grill

Yesterday I was part of the "grilling team" at church. There were five of us and four grills. (A big charcoal "smoker" and 3 gas grills) I was the Jr member of the bunch by a good 20 years at least, thus I was backup in case the smoke and heat became too intense for some of the older guys. (Riiiight) We went through 500-600 hamburgers in about an hour and a half. It was pretty impressive. My job (because honestly, who is going to relinquish their grill?) turned into the guy who would run around with a serving pan and get the burgers off the grill so that the grillers didn't have to leave their post. Either way, I had fun and we helped feed a lot of people. (And I observed some excellent grilling techniques.)

This week I will hopefully be tackling, full on, server migration from what we have now to something a little (read: a lot) more stable. Problems that could arise would be with the financial software that is located on the most dying of servers we own. It'll be another interesting week!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***