Thursday, October 26

125 years ago!

The date, October 26th, 1881. The place Tombstone Arizona, namely a little shanty known as the "O.K. Corral". Imortalized in folk legend, novelization and movies the gunfight that ensued when Wyatt Earp and his two brothers, Virgil and Morgan, were joined by Doc Holliday to bring down a suspected bunch of cattle theives. Known in American folklore are the Showdown at the O.K. Corral. Wyatt Earp was the only one who escapped the fight without getting hit. A movie suggestion today would be "Tombstone". Truely a classic of the Western genre.

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Tombstone is a great film and the origin of my gamer-name, DocHoliday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Possibly one of my favorite movies. A bunch of great quotes in there as well.

    Maybe I'll try to find a book or two about the characters and read up on it.

    ~Ben

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***