Friday, October 27

Movie links

I've decided I want to share some movie links with you that I have enjoyed the past few days.

First off we have a movie produced by Dove (the soap company) about everything that happens to make the models look like they do on the cover of magazines. I was completely amazed by how much touchup work was done.

Then we have a movie that looks like it's something I will thoroughly enjoy, Pan's Labyrinth looks to once again be one of those interesting "modern" fairytales. Lady in the Water pulled it off nicely. MirrorMask, while interesting, was a little too "raw" for my taste. Then The Brother's Grimm had some good ideas, but was overall kind of a mocking of the genre. (In a rather funny way.) I think my fascination with the really strange and fairy-tale esq comes from Alice in Wonderland. I remember having that read to me as a kid and really enjoying the strange things that happened. Thus authors like Neil Gaiman really make me enjoy life. Which leads me to the thought that I think it's a pity sometimes that people feel the need to explain everything in some way. I think it's interesting to have a bit of mystery in one's life.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***