Saturday, June 16

The thrush don't sing

Another from Lisa (wish it was Ben-- that would mean he was home!)

He's still in the hospital. The times I saw him yesterday he was more alert, with his eyes open and brain clicking along, but he tongue was giving him troubles. He has thrush, a yeast infection in his mouth, somewhat typical for chemo patients. It's painful enough that he can't eat or talk much, but the nurses I talked to kinda shrugged and said, "We've seen much worse." Ewww... that's not a happy thought!

In other news, Ben's good friend Ian flew over from Massachussetts to spend the week with Ben. Yesterday morning Ben called me, and I could tell something was really upsetting him, so I rushed over to the hospital. His eyes were red and teary when I walked in and sat down to see what he was thinking. Well, it turns out that he was just incredibly touched by what Ian did :) So thank you Ian, and thank you Katie for letting Ben have him all week! It meant a lot to us. We really didn't know how much people cared about us until now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***