Monday, July 16

Chemo round 4?

This morning bright and early I had blood work done to see what all is going on on the inside. Turns out my platelets are too low to administer chemo and they need to be about 3 times higher than they are currently.

I'll be getting blood work done again on Wednesday morning, but the doctor is thinking that it'll be Friday or Monday before I'll be healed enough to start the next round of chemo.

This is both good and bad. I am REALLY going to enjoy the time off I have as right now my strength and energy are at a pretty good level. I can eat and will enjoy being able to do some things this week that I haven't been able to do in a couple of months.

The downside being that this will belay everything another week, but that of course is far better than having them beat me down again with drugs before I'm ready for it.

So I've got a reprieve for a couple of days, we'll see what happens. It would be nice to be able to get in on Thursday, but I guess my bone marrow is a little tired.

Thanks everyone for the support. The Lord knows what I need to get through this and He knows what is best for me.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***