Monday, January 12

Frankly

This afternoon Lisa and I went and had lunch with her Sister who lives in the Seattle area. Had some GREAT Thai food. (That has to be the one thing I miss most about living in COS is the lack of decent Asian food.)

Afterwords Lisa and Katie went off to do something else and I ended up hanging out with Aubrey. It's one thing to have a conversation with someone who is older than you about cancer, granted there is still a bit of comradery there, but there is an age difference. I don't know that I have talked to anyone else (excluding Lisa of course) as frankly and candidly as I did with Aubrey this afternoon. She is going through a lot of the same things that I had to tackle and go through. It's very scary stuff.

I took her out to a coffee place in Queen Anne and we sat there for a while and talked. It was really great, I think not just for her to be able to get out and about, but also for me. She really encouraged me by telling me how she found some inspiration in some of the stuff I wrote. (Which sometimes seems to be such a "cast off" thing, I'll write something and I'll get responses back that people are touched by it. Obviously this is more God using what I write than anything I myself contribute.)

We both agreed when we parted that the next time we met we'd both be cancer free.

Please join me in praying for Aubrey. And if I might, please continue to keep me in your prayers as well, I have a scan coming up sometime in early Feb, and I do have fears about the outcome. Thanks again for your wonderful support! You have allowed me to help other people because of the support you all give me!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Did the scan get pushed out? I thought you said that it was going to be late January?

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***