Monday, May 11

My weekend

One of the things I don't like about myself is the guilt I feel when I don't blog. I generally don't blog because I get really busy. (In this instance I was facing a mail server migration (my that word looks so much like migraine...))

There are lots of things I would love to write about but when I come home putting together a cohesive, much less funny, sentence can be a chore when my mind is already pulled in several directions.

Did I mention I love my job? This is great. I could do this for the rest of my life.

Some of you that happened upon the blog or my twitter feed kept a semi watchful eye on my weekend. I had planned to start the Lotus to Google migration Friday night at 5pm. That failed when I got a migraine at 2pm and went home. Larry and I tried again at 7am on Saturday getting a decent start before 10:15am when I lost my ability to see (Migraine) and went home for 4 hours. Then (Gift from the Lord people!) Round about 4 hours later I had no migraine symptoms and went back to work where I worked from 2 to 10pm.

Sunday I repeated the process showing up before church at 8:50am, then going to church, and coming back at 11am and working until I finished at 7pm. (It was Larry's wife's birthday so he didn't join me on Sunday. Not that I blame him.)

Now everything is migrated and we're moving on with our Microsoft conversion!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats!!! :) Every time I saw you write migration I read migraine at first also. =P

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***