Monday, May 25

Thoughts from a Basket - Part 1

Before Lisa and I got married her Aunt and Uncle (the ones we adopted Niko from) gave her a "Journal Jar". (which is actually a small basket) The idea is that the basket has 365 slips of paper in it with a question on each slip. Pull out a random slip of paper and write about whatever is on the slip. As some of you have noticed I have been working a lot and not writing as much as I would like. I am going to use these "Thoughts from a Basket" as a way to liven up the blog a bit.
I won't be doing it every day, so this could last me a couple of years. It'll be an ongoing series. Feel free to chime in on your own blog about the question. Leave a comment with a link if you do answer the question so others can follow along.


Q: When was the last time you attended a team-related game (baseball, basketball, football, etc)? Describe the experience.

A: I'm not much of a sports person (as many of you can attest to) but when I was sick I used to watch the Mariners games on TV. Both at home and in the hospital. One of my goals for when I was well was to get to a game and have a good time. The last time I was at a sporting event was that time I got to go with my Dad as I was working on getting better. I remember the sun and sitting in the left field at Safeco Field. I don't recall who won (betting it wasn't the Mariners, I think I can count on one hand how many games I have been to where they have won.) or actually who they were playing, but the idea of getting out into a public venue (Probably slightly paranoid about germs as well) and eating whatever I wanted (we had Thai food) was very freeing. Plus it was some time to spend with my Dad, which honestly has become more valuable to me as I have gotten older.

I don't follow baseball much anymore (though I am sure the Rockies can't be any worse than the Mariners) and I don't go to sporting events much, but I do hold a fond memory in my mind of that last time I went.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***