Friday, October 9

Ready, set, CHEMO

Ok, not quite. But we're getting there. Meeting with the oncologist this morning went really well. He answered a lot of questions, and we got a plan, mostly, in place to get this stuff going.

I'm going back to the hospital this afternoon to talk to a surgeon about getting a central line installed (no that doesn't mean I get free cable or internet) probably happening on Tuesday next week. Then Thursday morning I have "Chemo Education", where I assume they will talk about how to handle my life and chemo. (Not expecting anything too new here, but I do like that they make patents take this... much better than last time where I kind of had to figure it all out myself.) Then chemo starts on Monday the 19th!

Continue to pray that the chemo will be effective in my body and that I can continue to use my time wisely.

Something I was thinking about as well, I need to remember that I am not out of the woods in any way on this. Just because we're home and have a plan for something I have been through before doesn't mean this thing is beat. And on top of that I need to remember that God is still in control. Because we have a plan, and drugs lined up and this is going to become some strange form of "normal" doesn't mean that God's role here is done. Heaven forbid I ever think that! I need God just as much (if not more) in the "normal", every day, than/ just as much, as I needed Him during scary/ stressful doctor's appointments. God doesn't disappear because I feel a little better.

Gah! Normal can be dangerous to one's spiritual life! Not like I am asking for things not to be "cancer free normal", but I need to work on remembering this!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***