Monday, September 27

We love nurses

I'm up too late answering emails! All these nights at the hospital have made me nocturnal, it seems.

In any case: Ben was definitely better today than he has been in the past few days. He coughs less often and his humor is back. He did have a bronchoscopy, which went fairly smoothly down his throat and should give the various doctors involved a clearer idea of the microscopic activity in his lungs. Afterward, Ben ate a large hospital meal which he gave two thumbs up.

All moving plans are on hold until Ben really starts recovering, but that's okay. At least we've found an apartment.

By the way, I highly recommend reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan which I finished today - but don't read it unless you are ready to pray and examine your heart! Reading the books of Philippians and Colossians after was an excellent follow-up, where God encouraged my overwhelmed self and also challenged me to give daily decisions to the Holy Spirit. It's difficult to admit, but all these challenges really are forcing us to rely on God more - which we should welcome gladly, rather than kicking and screaming.

--Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I understand completely about giving over those daily decisions. We're there too. I'm grateful sanctification is a process and that we have a patient God.

    I'm also glad you've put moving on hold. I would love to be able to help in one way or another (help you move or stay w/ Ben) after we're home from Rejuvenate!

    Love to you both,

    Mama J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree on "Crazy Love", I read it about a month ago and it really did jar my outlook on how I view God and what I'm doing about it, some of the things were so extreme it's no wonder the book is called "Crazy Love".

    Glad Ben ate much! Really hoping to see you guys in a couple week but Ben said it's a maybe.

    Take Care!

    William (Lee)

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***