Saturday, November 27

If it's not one thing

It's been a while since I blogged last. And that is because this past week has been a story of medical nastiness.

Last week the pain in my chest was pretty heavy so I took pain meds for three days in an attempt to calm my body down and get some rest. So Friday, Saturday, Sunday... and some of Monday I was on heavy pain killer. Thus I slept a lot and don't remember that weekend.

Some of Monday and all of Tuesday I was feeling wickedly nauseous as I came down off the pain meds.

Wednesday I was at the hospital where I got my "chemo" (third week in a row by the by for the drug that actually kills the cancer) and a flu-shot. At the end of the day I was feeling pretty good and felt ready to tackle Austin the next two days.

Wake up Thursday - where did all that good feeling go? I felt horrible. Lisa got on the phone and canceled all our Austin reservations and I had a frustrating day of a headache and feeling sick. (While I am pity partying here I shouldn't have been on Facebook as all the "hanging out with family!" status updates was like rubbing salt into my wounds.)

Yesterday (Friday) we had hoped to get out and see a movie, I was still feeling nasty in the morning (This flu shot feels like I was hit but a really angry mosquito, not only does it itch really bad, but it makes my whole arm hurt too.) so Lisa went to the grocery store and we scrapped the movie idea.

I'm hoping today will be better.

The past few nights I've been having some really complex dreams that actually follow a plot. The strange thing is too is that I need to be awake for something like half an hour to shake the feeling from them. The other strange part is that the dream continues when I go back to bed. If I get up briefly to get water or something and go back to bed it's back to the same dream.

When all is said and done I think I prefer "dreamless" nights.

Thanks for the continued support, hope you all have a good weekend.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***