Monday, November 28

Fight

About an hour ago I posted a kind of memoir about another person, Andrew, who had also been fighting the same type of cancer I have. I've never done that before here, and Andrew will mark the fourth other DSRCT patient I have known besides myself. It's hard when there are so very few of us not to internalize the things I read about his fight. In the end though that is really what makes me different from anyone else. Choices. I am not the same person that Andrew was, and while I understand what he went through on a level that many people don't, that doesn't make me Andrew. His fight, is not my fight. God has given me this fight, right now, because it is what I need to get to be who I am when He calls me home. I cannot fight anyone else's battles anymore than they can fight mine. This doesn't mean you can't help someone in their fight by helping make the fight easier. So to everyone out there, sick or well, fight your fight, look to God for your direction, and be a blessing to your friends and family in their fight.

... and don't forget to take a moment to pause and remember the lessons passed on by the fallen.


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. My first inclination on reading about Andrew was to go throw up. (I didn't) Your reminder is so good. Your fight is not Andrew's or mine or anyone else's. We all need to live the lives God has given us. Thanks for helping to give my soul some peace.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult not to internalize his struggle...quite an understatement. Your ability to come to the conclusion that his fight is not your fight is part of the miracle you are living. I am reminded of my favorite JB Phillips translation of Colossians 1:27 "...And the secret is simply this: Christ in you! Yes, Christ in you, bringing with him the hope of all the glorious things to come." You are a gift to us as well. Thank you for sharing your journey in a way that teaches us who God is as much as who you are. We do love you.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***