Thursday, January 5

Blooming

Last night we had dinner with some friends that we hadn't seen in a while and we traded stories about what God has been doing in our lives and how He's been working on us and through us. It kind of got me to thinking this morning about the blog a bit. I know a lot of you come back here again and again to see how I am doing, so I'm not going to change that aspect of the blog at all. For the past ten years this blog has been about me, and it's been a little more focused the last half as I deal with cancer, but as people have told me (often) that I should "write a book", I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know what I would do with the years and years of entries I have here or how I would turn that into a book. In the effort to focus my blog and thus my thoughts a little bit more I am going to try and extrapolate some things from the days, weeks, and months in my life and turn them into cohesive stories about what God has been doing in and through my life. I'm going to try to scale back on the "day to day" stuff and bring more cohesive stories to the blog. (Or maybe I won't scale back on the day-to-day as much and will just add the story element... we'll see how it goes.)

I took the above picture this morning in my parent's house. It's of a bonsai'd pomegranate "tree" and one of the flowers had bloomed. (Even in the winter) The sun peaked out from behind the clouds for a few minutes and I was able to capture this picture with my phone. I really like the idea of blooms in the winter time. It reminds me that even though we are going through a rough time that we are being watched over carefully by God and he's bringing us to bloom and bear fruit, even though the weather outside might not be perfectly conducive to that without His help. 


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***