Wednesday, February 8

The PD Model

Up until just recently (as in yesterday) I, despite my "disease", had figured that I would follow what I refer to as the "Pete's Dragon" model of employment with Non-profits. Come in somewhere that hadn't had a tech person, or one where it was in a kind of old state of things, fix it up and set it working for minimal staff/ IT knowledge and then go somewhere else where I am needed.

I don't know if I could have consciously put this into words until yesterday when I had a conversation with my boss (The CEO of OC) and we were talking about some longer-term things. And it made me stop and think about my actual future career goals. I like the idea of adventure and new challenges, and working myself out of a job.

Yesterday I was confronted with the idea that maybe I have more to offer than just technology. Maybe there is an intersection between tech and my experience/ other knowledge that can bring a long-tern offering to a place, like OC.

So, I know he reads my blog, but I'm sure it's not everyday where a passing conversation (that took weeks to setup...) changes the way an employee thinks about things so long-term. God seems to have me at a great place right now, and despite this crazy sickness, seems to be giving me some thoughts about the future as well.


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***