Saturday, April 28

Perspective

A project I have been working on for a while hit a point where it had to change drastically from what I was thinking it would be to something else. With this change in something that I have been pouring myself into for the past ten years I've been faced with the question of, "What does it look like now?" A big part of this is the perspective of how I want to tell this story. First or third person. I realized as I wrote out a paragraph in each perspective that first person was a LOT easier for me. Part of this I am sure is the fact that this blog has been nothing but first person since it started ten years ago. I've written a ton of words in the first person, and the third person is a wild and unknown territory to me. Which raises the question for me as a writer, do I go with what I know and write from the first person, or do I attempt the third person and probably run into a million mistakes and learn from that but also delay the finishing of this project?

The parallels between this project and my life right now do not escape me either. Here I am approaching five years of cancer fighting and I feel like I am starting to be able to do more than I could a year ago and the world, while still limited, seems to be opening up making so many things available that weren't when I was sick out of my mind.

Just a few thoughts...


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***