Sunday, April 15

Wrong step

The other morning I was waxing poetic about the dawn and feeling good about pulling out of a cycle of chemo aaand... then I got two migraines in one day. I spent most of the day in bed wishing I was unconscious and wishing the time when I could take my next drug would hurry up. Around 6pm something all those times seem to converge and I took several different types of pain med with several kinds of anti-nausea drugs and added a bag of ice to my face. That seemed to do the trick as it was about three hours before I remember anything more and the pain was mostly gone. At the moment I feel like I've been punched in the face (migrane side effect) but it's nothing too serious and will hopefully fade as the day goes on.

I always wonder about things like this. Maladies upon maladies. Here I am barely clear of a round of chemo and BAM I spend almost two days in bed because of a horrible headache (or two). It's not like I "deserve" anything like good health, but despite all this, I sometimes say, "Ok, I've paid my dues. Time to move onto something else." God's pushing me towards a lot of patience and using medical things to do it. It's hard.


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***