Monday, May 14

Five Years!

Five years of cancer
Well folks, as of this weekend I have been diagnosed for five years with cancer. Seventeen percent chance of surviving five years, and here I am. Two states lived in since then, six places of residence, and at least five hospitals I have been treated at (who knows how many if you count ER trips). No one saw the cancer thing coming (you can read up on the whole thing in the archives, starting May 2007) and since then it's pretty much been anyone's guess what is next. Ups and down in my health to some rather huge degrees.

Despite the craziness, unknowns, confusion, and fears. Because of the family, the friends, acquaintances, and complete strangers God has brought me safe thus far! He has been my shield about me and a light unto my dark and confusing path. And here, at the five year mark I can say, with full assurance, that it is well with my soul. My body has taken a pounding, but despite that I have learned things about myself, and most importantly about my savior.

Please join me in thanking God for all He has done, and praying for my future. Even if I was to be declared "better" tomorrow it wouldn't make my future any less unknown without God's guidance.

The past five years have been something I couldn't have planned in any way. Thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon me friends! Here's to many, many more years being and doing what God wants me to do and be!

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***