Monday, May 27

Ok... THE worst EVER telephone call I have had at work today. I have chosen to give you a paraphrased version because well, honestly I was a little red (with anger and embaresment) by the end of the conversation.

So the phone rings and I answer it. The customer then proceeds to ask me for 2 books. (Books along the line of deviant sex acts with close relatives (for dummies (I kid you not about the dummies bit))) So after he gave me the titles I just stood there waiting for someone to start laughing at me. No laughter.
He kept asking, "do you have them?"
So I actually typed one of the titles into the computer. (Although I would have DIED of embarressment had anyone came up behind me just then.) And the computer came back and told me that no such titles exsisted. So I told the "gentleman" (ok, that's a poor use of the word. "Pervert" is what I mean.) what the computer was telling me.
"But they're available online!" says the guy.
"Well then you should probably buy them online." I say.
"Are you taking a tone of voice with me?" He says. (I was. I was extremely close to hanging up on him.)
"No." I say.
"Well thank you for your servic" *click* end of phone call.

I have to admit I have never had such a hard time NOT hanging up on someone before. And I was honestly mad at the kind of trash that is available out there, and that someone expected ME to find it for them.

So tonight Ben got a lesson in the depravity of man, and came away feeling violently ill. But hey, Jesus died for all sinners, not just those that "only sin a little".

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***