Saturday, August 24

Ahhh, well I survived my day off! I got to sleep in AND go to a Medieval Faire. I am sorry to report that there were no pictures taken at the faire, but here is a nice group picture of those of us that got dressed up. Raleen was the person behind the costume magic for most of us. And I am quite happy how mine turned out.

Lisa and I were the only ones who stuck around for the "feast" afterwards. All the food was made-up to the recipies of the time and it was interesting. I enjoyed it, it was a different taste, I encourage you to go sometime if you can.

Am I a total nerd if I was totally critiqueing the fighting abilities of the actors during the "weapons" performance? I was standing there in my monk outfit thinking to myself: "hmmm, there's a weaponry no-no" or "Oops, left himself wide open on that one." or "that was needless flair." Boy I buy a book on midieval sword fighting and read it and you'd think I was suddenly the expert or something. However I am probably more informed that 98% of the population, so maybe I have a right ot be picky, and if I have ruined it, it is only for myself in being so eager to learn about it.

Oh BTW: Here is my Lord of the Rings shirt.

My vacation is coming up soon! I think next week I will work on planning it! I'm excited! Paid time off!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***