Monday, August 19

As you can see below I hooked you all up with enough interesting link-age to last you a couple hours if need be. I thought I would update you all on what I am currently reading. I borrowed a book from work the other day called "The Thief Lord" by Funke. I guess it was written in German and translated to English. It happens in Venice and really takes me back to the couple days I spent wandering around that fair city.
Also in the stack I am reading a borrowed copy of "A Clash of Kings" by George R.R. Martin. This is the 2nd in his fantasy series and it continues to blow me away how well his characters are written. (He's knocking Jordan from his lofty position in number 1 for epic fantasy)
In the non-fiction side of things you'll find "Passion and Purity" by Elizabeth Elliot beside my bed as well.

Of course there are other things I have started and haven't finished but browse through occationally, like, "Wing to wing, Oar to Oar" by the Kasses. Which is a book on collected historical writings on marriage and courtship. (Which is actually more like a textbook, but it's facinating reading.) George MacDonalds, "Fantastes" is also in my read occationally mix. And I have started, but not gotten very far, in Patricia Kennealy-Morrison's "The Deer's Cry".

As always my list of things I want to read exceeds the list of things I am cirrently reading. So when I get done with one I'll pick up another. It keeps things nice and varried. Charles DeLint is one author I hope to read through, and then I found a travel book the other day on someone's travels to Venice, so I thought that might be good reading as well.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***