Saturday, December 7

As many of you know I am not big on rap, or the whole "hip-hop" thing. A good rythme though I can enjoy, so this morning I was listening to NPR (Weekend Edition with Scott Simon) and Poetry from the Streets of Oakland came over the radio to me. I have to admit I was very impressed with the poet who does the narration. He has a very natural style about him. This piece is about the homicide rate in Oakland among youth at the moment, so give it a listen. (Slight Warning: Some of this is a bit graphic, but it's for a point and very pointed at that.)

In other NPR related findings: For A Son is a song written by a friend of Daniel Pearl's for his son, who at the time of Mr. Pearl's death hadn't been born yet.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***