Tuesday, July 29

Quotes...

Since I haven't updated in a while I thought I would fill you all in on the wonders and marvels of working retail. So without much further ado, I give you the "Quote of the week":

"Who wrote Dante's Inferno?"

Thank you. Now as a special side we also have the most vague question ofthe week. This is a feature where we compile all the questions I have gotten over the course of the week and decide which of them is the most vague. This weeks winner goes to a Jr. Higher who asked me, "Where do you keep your books on the future?"

Some countries require that when you turn 18 you must up and join the military for 2 years. In the U.S. I think we should do something like that, only make it that once you get a credit card you are supposed to serve 2 years in retail. That'll teach 'em.

I must admit however that all these crazy questions from customers have given me great things to ask at Borders the next time I am in there. *evil chuckle*. I have to admit that is a great passtime. I don't know if they get stupid questions over there, but I feel the need to share with them.

Another thought for you from my standing at the information booth all night tonight: Does anyone know where the term of endearment "pumpkin" came from? "Come on pumpkin" "Love you Pumpkin" I mean, does anyone realize they are calling the other person a big fat orange squash? If anyone can track down the history of that I would love to see it. (Why don't we say something else? IE: "Come on my little qumquat!" or "I love you my little aphis gossypi!"

Anyway, those are my thoughts, and now I am to bed. I wish you all a good night and I hope that the morning finds you well!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***