Saturday, February 7

What do you play?!

While my brother is in Music Education here at Central Washington University (CWU), I got myself some of my own "Music Education" this evening.

I drove out this afternoon here to the "e-berg" to visit Adam and spend the night. We ended up hanging out with my brother's girlfriend, Shelli. We spent the evening at her apartment with her and Adam's 19+ closest friends, who all happen to be quite musical.

Everytime someone sought to introduce themselves to me they would always ask, "So, what do you play?" The first couple times I forgot these were music people and not normal people and I looked at them and was like, "What!?" ANd then slowly it would dawn on me that they were talking music, and I would say something like, "I dabble in guitar and I have amandolin sitting around. But generally I don't do music." Which I think surprised a lot of them because my brother is Mr. Music. I guess they don't realize that I am Mr. Technical.

Speaking of Mr. Technical, I have discovered a new fun pass-time. "2600: The Hacker's Quarterly" That contains some information that is absolute gold. (And some of it, while highly unlikely that I would do any of it, makes for interesting reading."

Anyway, I am off to "bed" now. Have a good weekend all!

~B.

P.s. 42

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***