Tuesday, January 11

23rd B-Day come and *cough* gone...

Last night I hosted an open door birthday party for myself at my apartment. Got a lot of pizza, pop and misc and invited people from shool, work and church to come over. It was pretty happening actually. The first people showed up about 5:45 and the last person left around 12:45. And we ended up with half a pizza left! (Out of 5 pizzas that isn't bad! Or else no one liked the one that was left... =) )

I seem to have caught something from Dustin. My chest is pretty tight and my throat is pretty sore. I am hoping this does not develope into something horrific.

Thursday afternoon the college group leaves for the Canloops! We drive 8 hours north east and come to a great little village where they have "great skiing" (I don't know what that is) and a nice little place we stay. The first year we booked up 2 of the condos, last year we booked out four. I think we'll be doing four again. It's a lot of fun. I don't ski so mainly it's a really relaxing time for me to do things like read, or write, or be really glad I'm not swoshing down a snow covered hill at high speeds. (Not that I COULD effectivly fly down a hill on skis mind you.) If nothing else I can take a good stab at releaning the Latin I forgot. Or attempting to teach myself how to diagram sentences. (Because I am at a loss...)

On the subject of grammar: Why on earth is something this important being taught to me now? Yes, I have always known what a verb was and a noun as well. (They told me that much at least) But adverbs are a little shady and anything beyond that was a pure mystery to me until I hit Latin. Then I discovered I had no idea what I was doing. Now I'm in advanced grammar and he's drawing words with lines between them and I have no idea the rules for THAT game. Well, we'll see how well we do on this whole "Language" thing.

Another interesting thought: This quarter is like the "Secrets of the English Language." (with echo-ing voice effect) I start off with Communication, that is a treat and I feel like I am getting insights into how people communicate. Following that is Latin, the "Father tounge" of English (if you will) following that I have grammar, the old bones of the language itself. And then on Wednesdays I am learning (somewhat) to convey all the stuff I learn MWFs into writing it out creatively. (Which reminds me... I think I'll read more from "How to write funny" today. Maybe you'll reap the benefits of that later.)

Now I'm off to decide if I should go to work or not.

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    Work didn't happen.

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:12 PM

    hey ben- i was browsing the seattle pacific blog ring and linked here. i am looking to transfer schools in the fall, in the westward direction, and spu is on my list. what do you think of it? good stuff, bad stuff, i want it all! thanks! -jenny
    bfwfred@ameritech.net or Tiredjello on xanga
    happy birthday, by the way

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***