Monday, August 15

Up and Down...

Some of you might have noticed that the AnalogCafe subdomains were no longer available for about a day. Well, they are back now.

In other news I leaarned some things this weekend:
1. Panchetta is your friend. It's like bacon, only better. (Which, coming from a die-hard bacon fan, is pretty high praise)
2. Taragon is not your friend. Taragon tastes like the illegitimate offspring between Anis and Mint. Not a taste I really want to re-visit. (On the upside the rest of the food that it was prepared with (Panchetta and Turkey) was excellent! (And only 1 plastic plate was hurt in the preparing of the dish... =) )

Lisa and I went over to Port Gamble on Saturday morning to prepare for her friend Raeleen's wedding. She had the bridesmaids get dressed up in a kind of 30's fashion. Lisa looked like I imagine Daisy looking from "The Great Gatesby". (Ten years earlier, I know...) So while people were getting ready for the wedding I sat in the car and read a "Reader's Copy" (IE: Pre-release copy) of Robin Hobb's newest book. So far so good I must say.

When Lisa and I got back on Sunday we went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (the new one with Johnny Depp) I have heard mention that some people who have blogs here on AnalogCafe's webspace did not like CatCF, but I want it to be known as the one who pays the bills here at AnalogCafe, that I (and thus AnalogCafe) really enjoyed the movie. I went in slightly skeptical, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed myself and while I liked the older version as well, I really enjoyed the newer version. I laughed a lot, and I liked the imagry, and I think the director caught the kind of bizzare nerosis that Dahl was going for when he created Willy Wonka. I enjoyed it, some people haven't, but I say go see it for yourself. You get used to how strange Depp looks pretty quickly I think.

That was this past week in review. I have only 2 weddings left this year (the 26th and the 3rd of September) so we're almost through!

More later!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Did Dahl really intend to include "bizzare nerosis" as part of Wonka's character? Maybe it's been too long since I read it, but my memories were much more innocent and less...freakish...than the movie made the story into.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***