Monday, January 23

Stick (and shield) with it...

Today I started down the path of becoming more proficient with a sword and shield. I know many people out there would ask, "Why? Why Ben, do you really want to become more proficient with a sword and shield?" My answer to them would be, "Because I want to."

The guy that was hired to replace my old boss at SPU is into the SCA, which entails fighting in a medieval fashion, and I have been interested in the SCA for about 8 years now, so I stepped up and said I was interested. He's taken me under his wing a bit to show me the ropes of fighting and helping me to get armor. If I do any fighting I'll let you all know. I'm sure Lisa will be there to see it though and take pictures!

Most likely I won't begin anything overly serious until the summer, right now I'm just doing exercises to get my body into shape so I can hold a shield and swing a sword. Most likely, I will be sore in the morning...

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***