Sunday, October 1

A weekend of note

Lisa and I enjoyed a weekend these past few days that ranks rather high on the "great" scale. Friday evening after work we went over Redmond way to a Thai restaurant called "Typhoon". And while it was no "Chantanee" (best Thai place I've ever been to (They have a table designated for the Thai ambassador to the US if that is any indication of how good it is)) it was pretty good. They had a tea list of some 150 various flavors and combinations. (This impressed Lisa) I had the Five spice Crispy Duck (QUACK!) and Lisa had the chicken stirfry. Both were pretty good. The atmosphere was fun and the staff was friendly, but the food wasn't amazing. Following dinner we went and say the movie "The Illusionist", which had been recommended by my parents. (I personally am waiting for the movie "The Prestige" which is kind of the same subject as "The Illusionist", so I will let you know, when I know, what I think of them comparatively.) Maybe I've read too much fantasy but the end of the movie didn't really surprise me at all. I don't want to give away the ending at all, but some people did find it surprising.

Saturday Lisa went and hung out with her sister for the morning and then came home and helped an old friend work on the reapulstry project she's been working on for the past year. Afterwards we made ourselves a nice dinner of stew. And last night Lisa truly became a Morrell woman. She successfully made a batch of Yorkshire Pudding. (It's a favorite in my family and goes best with Roast beef, mashed potatoes, peas and gravy. (Mmmmmm))

This afternoon/evening we went to Joel and Heather's wedding in Puyallap. Lisa's claim to fame here is that she tried to set them up on a date a year before they started dating. They are going to be living in Scotland for the next couple of years. It was a very nice wedding and Lisa had a really good time mingling with a bunch of her old friends. Now we're back home and ready to fire into another week.

I hope you all had a good weekend!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***