Monday, October 22

A Cold Season

It looks like I haven't escaped the vile clutches of a cold virus. Don't know where I got it but it seems like over 50% of the people around me have been coughing and/ or sneezing. Seems like I was bound to pickup something. Hopefully with my reduced white cell counts this won't lay me too low.

Haven't heard anything from the doctor yet. I just sent him an email "bugging" him about it. If I haven't heard anything by 1pm he'll get another email. Thus hopefully something will be figured out today and I will know what I am looking at for a week.

Lisa and I had a really good weekend. Lots of people, food and fun. It's strange going to church on Saturday night though, Sunday then feels like a Saturday and when the evening rolls around you realize that tomorrow is Monday.

Prayer wise: Wisdom for the doctors and surgeon, Lisa and I having colds, continued cancer healing, and while this next thing might seem kind of small it's really obnoxious: I have a bruise on the back of my hand from the attempted IV and it's about the size of 2 quarters. I keep banging my hand against things (or things end up banging against my hand). Healing for all of me.

In the praises department I seem to have completely gotten my taste buds back so food tastes normal now. No more "dead" chicken or other funky flavors. Also thankful I have medical insurance. Lisa and I would be quite broke right now if we would have had to cover all this ourselves. Praise the Lord that I am approaching the end of this chemo stuff. I am also thankful for a wonderful loving wife who has stuck by me through this whole thing.

I am also thankful for all of your prayers and support as Lisa and I have traveled down this strange road. Thank you.

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure Dr. Ginsberg knows you have a cold. I'm sure they can't do chemo until you are over it. (Blessings in disguise???)

    Mom time--drink LOTS of water, get LOTS of sleep, stay away from sugar, suck down vitamin C (which you should be doing anyway--I'd give you the bottle we have that I got for when Adam was living at home, but this Costco version of the chewable tablets have lactose in them. Not so good...). Drink the Univera stuff that Jayne Bell gave you too!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:47 PM

    May your sniffles be few and your recovery be quick. Praying for you daily that although your body may be beset by cancer, your spirit will rest in the Lord.
    Mare
    "The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by troubles."
    Proverbs 19:23

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***