Saturday, October 20

A long weekend

It's going to be a long weekend... but not in a bad way.

Yesterday my good friend Gruia was up from California with his family and we hung out most of the day doing "guy things". (eating and video games) Then that evening Lisa and I went over to a friend's house who was scheduled to bring us dinner, but we ended up over there instead. We had some good quality time with them, then we hit up a party to celebrate the friend I had spent all day with being back in town.

This morning we swung by the mall and went grocery shopping and later today we are celebrating Lisa's mom's birthday! (I think she's turning 29 or something) Then church.

Sunday we're hanging out with MORE friends.

It's really good to have such a long weekend. I am very tired at the end of the day, but I am glad I got to spend time with the people we got to spend time with. (vs being in the hospital on chemo) I think it is also building up my strength for being able to do things longer.

Still waiting to hear from the doctors. My guess is I'll have something on Monday afternoon or Tuesday... but then again maybe not. God knows, and that is the important part. I am going to do my best to enjoy the time I have been given right here and now.

Thanks so very much for all the prayers and support!

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10 PM

    hi ben,

    good to hear that things are going good & that you have fun filled weekend w/friends. my advice with chemo & life, deal with it as it comes, you cannot predict what is going to happen next only God can & he always has our best interest.

    so if chemo comes tomorrow then it comes, if not then, then say "free day for me, woohoo"

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Hi Ben and Lisa, Your blogs are such a blessing to us. We are thinking of you and praying for you. We know the great physician knows all about your cancer cells so things are under control. We claim Jeremiah 29:11 for you. Your both are such an example of trusting in our Lord. Francis and Connie Webb-Your Dad use to work for Francis at PNFI

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***