Monday, December 8

Graceling

The other day I was at BN and there was a book on the end of an row that caught my eye and so after glancing at the back of the book I decided to go and buy it. I could barely put it down.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore is an amazing first novel. (Hopefully not a one hit wonder) If you happen to like well written fantasy then it's worth a shot! (After I plowed through it Lisa tore through it as well, and then I sent it on to Ian and Katie, which my guess is it was probably finished about 4 hours after it entered their house...)

I wrote to Kristin to tell her what I thought of the book, and the exchange was somewhat humorous so I'd thought I'd share it:

Dear Kristin:
I saw your book the other day on an end cap at a Barnes and Noble here in Colorado Springs. The title caught my eye and I read the back and decided it was worth a go. I have since read it, thoroughly enjoyed it and told many other people to go out and buy a copy and read it.

There is one criticism I have of your book however: I noticed as I was reading that the book ended. I would appreciate it if you could correct this in your next book.

And she just recently responded with:
Ben -- ha ha! Thanks for the laugh! (And I confess, you had me nervous for a minute there....)

Thanks for writing. Take care and keep warm!

Kristin


I love being able to write to authors and tell them what I think. (I've exchanged a few emails with Robin Hobb as well) It kind of helps them to fall into the "human" category and not perch loftily upon a pedestal. (Tolkien...)

~B.

1 comment:

  1. I'll let you know how long it takes us once we get the book.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***