Sunday, February 15

Sunday Lunch

Once again attempting to be creative when I cook: lunch today was a stuffed acorn squash, loosely based off of a recipe on Allrecipies.com. It was far tastier than I thought it would be, and actually kind of regret putting it off for the past few weeks.

I also got creative and boiled some Yukon Gold potatoes up and mixed it with the gravy from the Mushroom Pork Chops we had last week, added a touch more sour cream, mashed them all together and added some freshly cut green onions and I made myself a kind of "Dirty Mashed potatoes". (Added some garlic powder as well at last minute) I probably could have just eaten those potatoes for a meal, but that probably wouldn't have been very healthy.

Tomorrow morning (as a holiday from work) means I'm attempting Buttermilk Waffles... probably with either apples, nuts, or anything else I can get my hands on to put in them. (Red Bell Pepper?) The plan on making up a bunch of waffles and freezing them. This way I have my own quality freezer waffles whenever I feel like it.

Wow... ok, this is turning into a food blog. I'll write something about what work is like for tomorrow's blog entry. Thanks for putting up with food stories! (BTW: That was one thing I really wanted to do after cancer was cook again, so in a very real way me getting to cook and be adventurous with food is a dream that God has allowed me to fulfill post-cancer.)

Thanks for the continued support and prayers!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***