Friday, March 27

Bleh travel

Today, despite the blizzard like conditions in COS I made it to Seattle. It went something like this:

The day started at 6am to check my flight to see if it had been cancled. It hadn't been so Lisa and I looked outside and decided the driving looked too dangerous for us to tackle. So I phoned up a co-worker who had the 4 wheel drive and had volunteered to take me.

I got to the airport at about 8:15am and checked in anf went through security and got to my gate. 8:35am. Plane was due to board in 45 minutes. 9:30 rolls around. No plane. I called United (as there wasn't any staff around and find that the plane is due to land around 10am. Plane shows up at 10:05am, passengers unload, they load us up. 10:45am. We sit in plane for a while, 20 minutes in the air, sit on the ground. While, disembark about 11:30am. Wait for large carry on items to be unloaded. 11:40am. Plane for Seattle scheduled to leave 11:45am. I am at gat b88... I need to be at gate b32. I ran.

I made it to gate b32 to find the plane to Seattle from gate b32 had already departed. I paniced a little, then saw gate b30 was also to Seattle and hadn't left yet. It was my flight. I was the last one on and my calves burned for the 50+ gate run. I then proceeded to wait an hour sitting there on the plane while they did little things here and there.

It was a fairly uneventful flight, and I landed safely in Seattle.

For those not in the know I am here in seattle not even 24 hours as I head to France for a week.

Now... to bed.

-B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***