Monday, October 12

Legendary

You may have seen in my twitter status that I was in the ER with a nasty migraine. This migraine was crazy horrible. I started to get it last night when we had some friends over, and then in the middle of the night the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep, and I kept making trips to the bathroom to make oral deposits in the porcelain bank.

Finally around 7:30am I decided I had had enough and Lisa and I went to the ER to be able to tap that resource for pain and nausea control that I don't have here. So we went to the ER, got in fairly quick and they put an IV in me with nausea meds and put morphine and hydromorphone in me over 5 hours. Then the doc did something I have never seen. He fed via IV into me a drug called Depacoat. (SP?) It's supposed to help seizure patients, and while it didn't instantly make my headache disappear it REALLY has lessened the side effects. (post-migraine brain) I'll have to put that drug in the "to use" pile next time I am in the ER for massive migraines.

So Lisa and I spent a long time in the ER this morning to afternoon attempting to deal with a massive migraine. Glad that is over with. Tomorrow I get to spend more time in a hospoital as they put the central line in me. It is outpatient, and they WILL be putting me under.

Thanks for the continued prayers...

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***