Wednesday, December 2

What it takes to grow

I was up this morning rather early (6:30am ish) catching up on the internet and doing some thinking and trying to capture a decent picture of myself (see next blog post) when a friend of mine in Zambia hit me up on Skype (OCBenMorrell if you want to talk) and we chatted a bit. As he is prone to do he got me to thinking. This time around it was about my personal growth.

Yesterday I spent from 7:40 to about 12:40, a good 5 hours, running around the city doing errands. Needless to say this is more activity than I have been engaged in for a long time. I came home and spent the rest of the day horizontal. I was super fatigued, but I got to thinking about it and I think that type of thing makes me stronger. While I wouldn't really choose to be that tired from half a day out it served a purpose I think. Which got me to thinking about the rest of this crazy cancer stuff. If it was up to me, I would not have cancer. However my life really isn't up to me. If I was the one who was writing what my life would look like it would look a lot different. I think the biggest difference would be that my life would be filled with a bunch of short sighted responses to things. My friend Aubrey, who has also been battling crazy cancer, posted something that reminded me about short-sightedness.

All that to say, I don't know what is coming, but I can't really build my future, or me, on short-sighted responses to what is going on now. That is why I gave my life to Christ, He's in charge now, not me. So, I'm going to hang on, trust Him and we'll see what the story that He has written for me looks like.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***