Tuesday, March 9

Contention

"God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?""
-Hebrews 13:5,6

Of all the things I forget, and need to be reminded of most often it is the above two lines; "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So many times I sit here and think that my life is doomed because I haven't petitioned God enough to heal me. As if I need to be the little kid: "Dad? Dad? Hey Dad? Daaaad! Dad? Are you listening Dad? Dad! Look at me Dad! Look what I can do Dad! Dad?"

And what does that verse say? That verse says that God already knows. I don't need to keep thinking that if I don't mention healing me that God is going to forget to do it, or it's not going to happen. What, I'll die and get to heaven and God will be like, "Whops, what are you doing here?"

Not, of course, that we are supposed to stop asking God for things. I just think about my attitude when I have been out of it for a week or more and I am thinking I am somehow behind now.

This also puts God in a much more loving light. Yes, God is love, but if you imagine that you have to keep trying to get His attention out of several BILLION people you can't really believe there is much love there. Or if you think you are hiding in billions of people and God doesn't notice you. But if He will never leave us or forsake us, it's like those billions of people disappear and it's me and God. Like He's sitting right here on the couch with me. It's not a contest between me and billions of other people for His attention. It's me and God.

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad to read this. It makes a mama's heart so very proud. You have it so very right. It's all about resting in the goodness of God, huh? I'm grateful to the Lord for giving you this understanding of who He is and how He cares for you.

    I'm praying you and Lisa can be in Austria with us in the fall!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***