Monday, March 8

This week

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."
-Psalm 147:1,3,8,10

This verse struck me this morning for several reasons: It talks about supplying the earth with rain. It's snowed a lot here this winter, but it hasn't been warm enough to rain here yet. The weather forcaster is saying that it's supposed to rain sometime this week, which would be great. Snow is beautiful, and the sun is energizing, but rain, rain is nourishing.

In a lot of ways I feel like this past week has been a week of rain for me. So many people turned out to help move me around, provide food and be there for me. It nourished me in ways I didn't realize I needed. I think it started to loosen up the possible despair I was working up to. To be honest as well this weekend I was "healthier" than I think I have ever been on a post-chemo weekend. I was very fatigued, yes but I was more mentally aware than I have been in a long time. I am going into this week feeling pretty up-beat that I won't have potassium problems, or other things that might send me back to the infusion center before my next round of chemo.

I could say that this has something to do with a positive outlook on life and a desire to fight back, but lets be honest. First of all it is the strength God has given me. But do you know where that is coming from and in what form? You. Your support strengthens me and gives me the hope and the desire to fight that I can not generate on my own. John Donne said that no man is an island. I could not believe that more than this week. You are the city of my support, and I could not do it without your prayers, your words of encouragement, the transportations, the conversations, the meals, the phone calls, the visits, the invites and so much more.

Thank you.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***