Saturday, May 5

Pray with me!

Tuesday May 15th (ten days from now) will mark the fifth anniversary of the first day I ever started chemo. I don't remember a lot from most of my times undergoing chemo over the past five years (drugs and a desire not to remember too much) but there are certain things about that first day and all the new experiences (IV's, pic lines, chemo, anti nausea drugs, hospital noise, nurses checking in at all hours, waiting, hospital food, hospitals...) that I remember clearly and might not ever forget. It has been a long road.

When they originally told me I had chemo they said you have a 17% chance of living five years. May 15th will be crossing that five year mark. I haven't beaten this by any means, but the fight has continued to go on. I have no idea what the future holds, but God has brought us down a path I didn't even know existed a little over five years ago.

I'd like to ask you to join me on May 15th to do several things: 1. Thank God for what He has done in my life. 2. Pray specifically that God will kill these tumors in a way that leaves little question as to how they disappeared.

I'll put up more reminders before the 15th, but I wanted to start making you all aware of it now. Thank you, and please pray with me on the 15th!

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:46 PM

    You are living proof that miracles exist. To God be the glory! We'll be praying that God will give you many more years, hopefully chemo free!

    Riva

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***