Thursday, October 18

Not all physical

One of the biggest hurdles I have to overcome with cancer, well, second to the physical nature of the disease, is the mental/ spiritual aspect of the sickness. Today was a really hard day for me mentally. This will normally come at the end of a really hard time physically, or, like today, from a reminder of something I COULD be doing... if I wasn't sick.

Most of the time I am able to ignore this as wishful thinking. "Yes, I COULD be doing that, but I'm not, I'm here dealing with this." And I move on. Then other days something will hit me hard and everything about it seems like a mockery of me by my sickness.

I have learned a lot of things through this, I cannot deny that, but sometimes I ask God, "Isn't think enough? Couldn't I take what I have learned and go fight some other battle?" This, despite the learning so much from cancer, is why I still pray, and ask you to as well, for healing.

I was told when I was first diagnosed, and I liked the expression, "God doesn't take a tool out and sharpen it until He's going to use it." But as the tool that is being sharpened at this point I am asking my God, "Why must this continue? Where is the end? Is there an end? Is this my life?" (To which he typically replies, Yes.)

I am tired. Deep down, the fight takes it's toll, and I want to do more, be more. I saw a little slogan on a blog the other day that said, "Comparison is the thief of Joy." I guess I shouldn't compare. Everyone has their own problems and trials.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. Remember there is still time to sign up for a card!

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***