Wednesday, November 28

Everything comes to an end

The doctor visit today took a long time to get to where we were going. (IE: Visiting with the doctor, and hearing the results of the scan.)

I'm not going to sugar coat anything for you all. The doctor is reaching the bottom of his "bag of tricks" he's not going to put me on high dose Iphosophimde unless it's a last ditch effort because he doesn't think I can take more than 2 or 3 doses before it becomes unsafe for him to give me more. He's going to put me in contact with the doctor I had before who did the drug trials.

He told me flat out that if nothing nothing I can expect maybe more than six months to survive. He says three months would go fairly smoothly, and then things would start getting more rough.

All my tumors have grown in my body. So nothing like what I had hoped for, but my hope is in the Lord, not in the things that my doctor can think up.

Though I have to admit I am more than a little disappointed by the news. When I first visited the doctor he told me that I could probably expect to live two years. Here we are at three and a half years. It's becoming very obvious that there aren't many other options here. I am not going to start grasping at ANYTHING to try and get results (hold back your email forwards please...) but I might start looking around if MDA doesn't have anything that can do anything to these tumors.

I am sorry this is so fragmented and partial, but I am not in a very eloquent mood right now, and felt I needed to get the facts out. Thanks for the prayers... they can't stop now.

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***