Wednesday, March 13

A week of healing

Last week they told me I had pneumonia and handed me seven pills that were half the length of my pinky. Every morning this week after taking the pills (8 hours later) I have thrown up within 10 minutes to 2 hours of waking up. Last week as the chemo pill I was on started to wear off my energy level returned to where I could actually FEEL sick from the pneumonia. (That probably sounds funny... being too sick to feel sick, and getting well enough to feel sick...) So I spent some days last week in recovery mode... not doing a whole lot.

Yesterday and today I have started to feel a lot better with the removal of some of the drugs from my system, as well as wrapping up the drugs to remove the pneumonia. Overall I would say I am starting to feel the best I have felt all year. I am excited for the next few weeks of feeling good, physically, and enjoying some of the freedom that feeling both physically and mentally good brings. (Do me a favor and enjoy it, even if just for a day, if that is your default state!)

Lisa's siblings are coming down to visit us, starting this evening. We'll be showing them some of the sights and sounds of Houston. (Rodeo tomorrow) I am hoping the intersection of feeling better and starting to have energy again will be enough to keep up with everyone for some of the activities we have planned. I could use some prayer in regards to that.

I have an appointment setup for seeing the "Targeted Therapy" or "Phase One Trial" doc for next Monday morning. Not sure what he is going to say/ suggest (if anything) but it'll still be in my "washout" period, so it'll probably have to wait a week or two before doing anything else. In the mean time, in this period of "waiting" Lisa and I are really going to focus a lot of time and prayer into seeking what God wants us to do with all this. Do I pursue more treatments? Prayer healing? Something else?

I have come to doubt how really "open" I am to what God wants me to do, but it is my hope that in the next few weeks that if I am actively ignoring something that God wants me to learn, know, or do, that I can listen to that and not ignore it or write it off as something crazy, something I would never do, or something that someone else has never done. Or maybe, staying where I am is what I am supposed to do. The idea is that I not write anything off because of preconceived notions.

A little update on my insurance situation. Looks like it STILL isn't worked out yet. It's just that I haven't been using resources that suck up thousands of dollars so I haven't had to pay for them. But I got a call from my insurance company this past week saying that they have escalated the problem up to another department (this is the 3rd bump this problem has gotten...) and I should hear something again in another week or so. That will hopefully come with a reimbursement check, as I think overall I am still out of pocket some 3-5 thousand dollars that have been promised to be reimbursed for.

Thanks for the prayers and support everyone.

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***