Tuesday, April 2

Meet w/ Me!

Matthew 18:18-20 "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” (ESV)


I don't know that I can count how many people have asked if they could get together with me or in general just talk to me in the past two to three weeks. I think this is very important. We had to leave Houston rather quickly, and God opened doors to make that happen, but we didn't get much of a chance to say goodbye to a lot of Houstonians. Likewise our plans to visit Colorado Springs had to go by the wayside because of an increased medical need, and we haven't gotten to have words with those in the Springs. Then we come to Seattle and we landed amidst the crowds of people who want to see us, which is one of the big reasons we chose Seattle in the first place, so we could see more of our family, friends, and support group.

That said there are a lot of you I'd like to talk to in some form of another, and many of you who would like communicate with me in some fashion. (This isn't just a one-way street) To that end I have set up a calendar with the website Doodle. It allows you to suggest meeting times and things to do, and then I can say, "yes, that works for me." or "no, lets try something else at a different time/place." I have, in fact, added a tab to the top of this blog called, "Meet w/ Me" which lays some ground rules for hanging out with me, as well as some ideas. The direct link for scheduling is http://doodle.com/BenMorrell but I would prefer you would hit up the tab ("Meet w/ me") first so we can cut down on meeting rejections and times to set up a meeting.

As the bible verse says at the top of this post, when two or more are gathered in His name He is there and whatever we ask will be done for them by our Father in Heaven. These meetings are not only a chance to get caught up with one another and talk about what God has been doing in our lives, but it is also a time to get together and ask our Father that He would answer our prayers and destroy this cancer.

Thanks everyone. I hope to see and hear from you all very soon! Thank you for your continued prayers (they mean so much to me) and donations (humbling). You all find new ways to amaze me every day, and I thank God for that. (I have changed the tag-line of my blog BTW, we are no longer the "Accidental Houstonians", check out the main page, 802heaven.com, for what we are now.)

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***