Thursday, February 24

It got better...

My eulogy for a lost PC might have been a bit pre-mature. (However the saved computer setup I have at NewEgg.com in case I suddenly need to order another one. (discussion on that saved for really nerdy talk if you wish to engage me in that...))

I took the machine apart, cleaned it up, and moved some things around. (details also reserved for the people that want technical details) It seems to be working now. I'll refund all of you the money you sent to buy me a new machine. (err, all $0) of it.

My computer is now in that stage where it's "together" but it's not all in it's case yet. The hard-drives are on the top of it, the case cover is accross the room. I think I might be holding out for it to break or something for good this time. (Not really)

I am also looking into viable backup solutions (I realized I would have lost ALL my pictures if I don't back them up.) DVD or External Hard-drive? That is the question. DVD is about 30 bucks cheaper. We'll see how that goes.

However, I would like to go on record and say that I am always open to accepting donations for a new computer.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. I would recommend a RAID solution. RAID 6 can sustain the loss of two hard drives simultaneously. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Man...

    I thought RAID only went up to level three. How many disks do you need to have to support having two go bad?

    Oh...where can we donate for the new computer?

    -Dan McCurley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dan,
    Yeah RAID goes up to level 6. You need 4 or 5 hard drives for level 6.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***